What Do I Read Next?
- Sign up to get book suggestions by e-mail.
Fiction and non-fiction searching with NoveList Plus
Enter a favorite author or title to find similar books, browse book lists, get
guides, articles, and author interviews.
New & Noteworthy at the Library
Lists of recently received audiobooks, award-winning fiction and non-fiction
Reading lists on the web & other resources
- Good Reads for Everybody
- Books selected by librarians at Sonoma County Library for kids, teens, and
- Suggestions from librarians at Sonoma County Library by topic/genre.
- Suggestions from the Fiction_L list by topic/genre.
- Free online literature courses; book recommendations; reading group guides; book club resources; reading and kids.
This is a fun site to explore, with a lit blog and even recipe suggestions to go with your book club discussions.
Indie Next List
- Suggestions from independent booksellers.
- Lists for adults and for teens, from the Des Plaines public library.
- Lots of information, reviews, lists, awards for all kinds of
- Book reviews for kids up to 12 years old.
If You Liked
If you liked
- Database of like titles from Hennepin Public Library.
- A guide to finding more of what you already like,
from Christchurch City Libraries in New Zealand.
- A very clever search engine allows you to select many
different variables (such as safe/frightening, conventional/weird,
bleak/optimimstic) to find just the sort of read you like.
Books for Special Interests
- Books by and about South Asian women.
Black Caucus Literary
- The American Library Association's Black Caucus's
annual awards for excellence in adult fiction and nonfiction by African
American authors, as well as the recognition of
a first novelist, and a
as a citation for Outstanding Contribution to
- A searchable
database of both in print and out of print titles in
All About Romance
This site is created by dedicated romance readers and is searchable by
- Mystery book discussions at Central Library; selected websites for mystery readers.
Magazines and Book Reviews
- a large database of journal and newspaper
which include book reviews, author interviews and news stories about
literature. (Sonoma County Library card number required to reach this from home)
contains reviews, news stories or interviews in the major national
newspapers. (Sonoma County Library card number required to reach this from home)
New York Times Book
New York Review of Books
Salon.com Book Reviews
- More review sources can be found on our books page.
New & Noteworthy
- The New & Noteworthy page in our catalog lists award winners for adults, teens, and children.
- Browse recent award winners, popular awards, awards by genre, from NoveList.
You need your Sonoma County Library card number to reach this from home.
Literature Resource Series
includes Contemporary Authors and
Contemporary Literary Criticism as well as Authors Series
from Twayne and Scribner's. The best resource for
information and good bibliographies of books by and about a specific
author. (You will need your library card number to use this outside the
Authors on the Web
Bibliographies and interviews with featured authors.
- Book groups at Sonoma County Library
- Books and discussion times at your local branch of the library.
Readers' Guides from The Man Booker Prize
- Reading guides for longlisted novels of recent years and Best of the Booker.
- Information on all aspects of starting, leading,
or participating in book groups.
- Site devoted to discussion topics for book groups.
- Information on Oprah's selections.