There are still many family-owned businesses in Sonoma County and children of these families face this important decision. Greg McCann, founder of the Family Business Center and a Professor at Stetson University, helps with his new book, When Your Parents Sign the Paychecks: Finding Career Success Inside or Outside the Family Business, Jist Works, 2007. Lots of good information, too, if you are running a family business now and look forward to bringing the younger generation on board.
The book has five parts:
- Part 1 Understanding Your Family Business includes chapters on growing up in a family business and understanding relationships in the family & business.
- Part 2 Meeting the Lifelong Challenges in a Family Business
- Part 3 Facing the Challenges as a Young Adult in the Family Business includes a chapter on earning credibility instead of feeling entitled
- Part 4 Confronting the Ongoing Challenges in Your Career includes a chapter about avoiding the golden handcuffs
- Part 5 Becoming a Professional
Monday 13 Aug 2007 | New Library Materials