Presented by Annette Cooper for the Small Business Development Center at SRJC:
“Take Advantage of the Current Economy to Negotiate a Great Deal for Your business
The economy may be lousy but it is a tenant’s market for commercial real estate. Landlords are willing to negotiate but don’t go in unprepared. This workshop will give you the knowledge you need to navigate the tricky waters of leasing your business property.
Learn 6 Keys to a Successful Lease Negotiation
1. Basic Lease Types. Gross, modified, full service, NNN- Understand the most common lease structures.
2. Negotiating Your Lease. Learn what needs to be included in this complex document.
3. Know What You Don’t Know! Learn the new vocabulary you will need.
4. Define Your Priorities. Make sure you are clear on your business must-haves.
5. Read the Document. It sounds basic, but skip this step at your own peril.
6. Make the Market Work For You! Discover how the current market conditions can work in your favor!”
October 7, 2009 • Noon – 1:00pm
SBDC, 606 Healdsburg Avenue, Santa Rosa