Due to continuing budget constraints, the Library will once again close for 10 days at the end of the year.
All libraries and all online services will be closed from 2 p.m. Thursday, December 23 through Sunday, January 2. During this time:
- All regional libraries and rural stations will be closed.
- No materials will be due and no fines will accrue.
- No book drops will be open.
- No access to the Library catalog, My Account, Wine Files, or other website services.
- No wireless Internet access outside libraries.
- No telephone services.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Library, which gets 90 percent of its income from property taxes, needs to cut its operating budget to make up for a shortfall in tax revenues.
We will reopen for regular hours starting Monday, January 3, 2011.
Update 12/16: Press release available
Update 12/17: Library Closure News available