A printable Library Closure News is now available with details of the 10-day holiday/furlough closure. All libraries and all online services will shut down at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 24 and will reopen Monday, January 4. During this time:
- All regional libraries and rural stations will be closed.
- No materials will be due and no fines will accrue.
- No book drops will be open.
- No access to the Library catalog, My Account, Wine Files, or other website services.
- No wireless Internet access outside libraries.
- No telephone services.
For details, see the Library Closure News.
You can also read our earlier Press Release.
While the Library is free to use, it is not free to operate. During times of economic hardship, the Library's budget goes down while Library use increases. The Library has cut fixed costs, and staff have given up 4.75% of their pay, but the Library is still projecting a significant deficit. You can help by donating to the Sonoma County Public Library Foundation, or by joining your local Friends of the Library.
We apologize for the inconvenience of the 10-day closure.