Library Cards for Kids
A free library card gives your child the chance to borrow books, music, movies and magazines from any branch of the Sonoma County Library. Borrowing is free, but fines are charged for lost, late and damaged materials. By signing your child's library card application, you will be accepting the responsibility to return materials on time and to pay fines. Please join us in making your child's library experience positive, exciting and pleasurable.
Rights of Adults & Children
- The Library issues only one type of card, which is used by people of all ages.
- Adults are responsible, physically and financially, for all materials checked out on their card.
- Parents or guardians are responsible, physically and financially, for all materials checked out on their child’s card, ages 17 and younger.
- If a parent or guardian wishes to cancel a child’s library card account, the adult should contact a local branch library in writing or in person.
- The Library does not provide group library card accounts. Each person must have his or her own library card account.