Value to You
Libraries offer, for free, the wisdom of the ages — and sages — and,
simply put, there’s something for everyone inside.
Former First Lady of the United States
At the Sonoma County Library, we see transformations every day:
- Parents and caregivers help their babies and toddlers gain early literacy skills
through story times, offered at the baby, toddler, and preschool levels
- Children gain confidence in reading through library programs such as Read to a Dog
and the After School Book Club
- Teens learn important social, literacy and leadership skills through our young adult
programs, Teen Advisory groups, and volunteer opportunities
- Un- and under-employed adults upgrade their job skills, search and apply for
employment and participate in the digital economy through our public access
- Small business owners use our resources to start and grow their businesses
- Adults of all ages learn about social, cultural and community issues through our
discussion groups, programs and resources, including our ever-popular book groups
... and the list goes on and on.
Every day, we help ordinary citizens accomplish extraordinary things.
I LOVE this library! I can travel the world and visit old friends from long ago and f
ar away with merely a few touches of my keyboard and...voila! books are waiting for me.
What a wonderful opportunity! –Susan Seitz, Petaluma
There's always something interesting happening at a library! –Susan Gorin,
I ♥ our libraries!! –Rachel Walters Steiner, Petaluma
Great inter-library loan service! –Karen Rutherford Gardner
Libraries are our friends. And so are librarians. Visit your library today!
–Mary Goodenough, Sebastopol
What's your library worth? »