Enki is a library e-book system built by librarians.
It contains over 18,000 titles in all areas of fiction and non-fiction, for children, teens, and adults.
Log in with your library card and PIN to choose from thousands of fiction and nonfiction e-books.
Loan period: e-books check out for 14 days. E-books automatically return, so there are never any late fees. To return items early, see device-specific instructions.
Checkout limit: 5 titles. Hold limit: 5 titles. Hold period: 4 days
You can check out and download digital materials through Enki for use on:
- Windows or Mac
- Download book to computer
- Transfer book to e-reader
- Android or iOS device (Android smartphones + tablets; iPhone, iPad)
- Kindle Fire (no standard Kindle, Paperwhite or B&W compatibility available)
- With workaround app
- Read Online
- Computers, including Chrome-books
- Smartphones & tablets
To access these materials you need:
- Sonoma County library card
- Personal computer or mobile device with Internet access
- Software (or mobile app) able to download the book, if that is your choice
- BlueFire Reader is an e-book mobile app for Apple and Android devices
- Adobe Digital Editions software to:
- Read an e-book on your computer
- Transfer an e-book to an e-reader (like a Nook)
Read Online Option
Enki e-books can be read with a web browser instead of requiring software or an app. This option is compatible with most computers and mobile devices.
- Log into Enki
- Check out a book
- Use the Read Online button from the My Account page
To access Enki e-books & tutorials for each computer & mobile device type
- From the library website, look under BOOKS & MORE for E-BOOKS
- Click on the GO link near the Enki icon
- Select Sonoma County Library under the Select Your Library drop-down menu
- Enter your library card number and click the log-in button
- For a step-by-step tutorial for your computer or mobile device click on the Tutorial link
- For help and frequently asked questions click on the Help link or email us
Frequently Asked Questions
Just a few – You can find more on the Help page
- How many books can I check out in Enki at once?
- Up to 10.
- How many holds may I have in Enki at once?
- Up to 10.
- How long does each book check out for?
- 21 days.
- Are there overdue fines on Enki e-books?
- No. The system returns the books automatically at the end of the check-out period. You will need to delete the expired files from your Adobe Digital Editions, e-reader, and/or mobile app on your mobile device.
- Can I return a book early?
- Yes. From the My Account page click on the Return Now button.