Place for the beginning searcher to find magazine articles, newspaper articles, encyclopedia entries and more on a variety of topics ranging from animals to history to stories. Lexile (reading) levels of the information found go up to Grade 5.
- Dictionary/Encyclopedia entries
- Magazine/Newspaper articles
- Parts of books
- Radio/TV transcripts
Things to Know For Searching:
- You might need to type different versions of the same words to get all the results. For example, if you type "mountain" in the search box it will search for the word "mountain" as well as "mountains." However, if you type in "mountains" (plural) it will only search for the plural version. It will leave out all the results that include the word "mountain."
- You can make your search more specific and accurate by picking where you search. So if you type in "tiger" in the main box, it will search all the categories, from animals to stories. However, if you click on the category "animals" and then type "tiger" in the search box, you will only search the animal category for information...giving you less results to look through.
- If you hit the "Go Back" button, it takes you back to the previous search page you were on, if you hit the "Start Over" button you have to begin your search all over again.
- You can limit your searches by Lexile Level.