The Friends of the Library is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to bringing the magic of books to everyone by supporting our library and its programs.
Through the sale of used books donated by the community, we provide funding for materials and programs not otherwise available through the library system.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Staff the bookstore
- Assist with book sales three times a year
- Sort and price books
- Pick up donations
- Serve on the FOL board
Applications for volunteering are available in the bookstore. Your help is needed and much appreciated.
The Friends of the Library board meets monthly on the first Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m. in the library conference room.
- Board President - Pam Novelly
- Volunteer Coordinator - Olwen Peterson
- Bookstore Manager -
Donations of Books
Your used books, CDs, DVDs, chidlren's VHS tapes, and magazines can be left on the cart just outside the bookstore.
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE
- Musty or torn books
- Reader's Digest Condensed books
- Encyclopedias or school textbooks more than ten years old (except for math or history texts)
- Magazines more than two years old
- Computer and general medical books published before 2004
A receipt can be provided for your tax records.
Friends of the Library Bookstore
The bookstore is located across from the circulation desk and is open every day that the library is open.
Our hours of operation are:
Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
10 am to 5 pm
Wednesday (our only night hours)
10 am to 7:30 pm
10 am to 3:45 pm
If you have not discovered this well-stocked gem, you are in for a treat!