Business, Finance & Investment
- Business and Companies
- Resource Center from Gale - a database of company and industry reports and
articles. Sonoma County Library card required for access from outside the library.
California Business Search
- From the California Secretary of State. Information on California corporations
- Type in a city and state to find information on companies there.
Annual Report Gallery
A compilation of annual reports available online, with 10K filing
information too, and links to many other business research sources.
- Search for company Information on over 40,000 companies, from the major
business reference publisher.
- contains the online version of The Thomas Register of American Manufacturers.
It is a great place to look for who produces what for industry. Search
by Company name or product.
- From the directories page.
- Up to the minute headlines, markets, links to Bloomberg
radio files, and downloadable features to stay current.
- Cable News Network's
Financial Network - Features late breaking financial and business news.
- From Reuters News Service, Yahoo gives current business
headlines, and links to other sources.
Mortgages, Home Loans, Auto Insurance
- Keep Your Home California
- Mortgage assistance programs through the State of California
- From the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Making Home Affordable mortgage modification program
- Federal programs to assist with mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention
Avoiding loan modification fraud
Advance fees for loan
modifications are NOT legal in California
Guide and tips from the California Department of Corporations and Department of Real Estate
Avoiding Mortgage Modification Scams and Foreclosure Rescue Scams
From the Federal agency that oversees banks
Prevent Loan Scams
How to avoid unscrupulous loan modification companies; Report A Scam; links to legal service agencies and law enforcement offices that handle complaints
List of companies and individuals served
Desist and Refrain Orders and Accusations related to loan modifications
- from the California Department of Real Estate
List of consumer alerts about lenders
From the California Department of Corporations
General mortgage and loan information
- Freddie Mac's tools to calculate tax savings on a mortgage, how much you can afford, how much you can borrow, what type of loan to seek.
California Low Cost Auto Insurance
- Low income households can get discounts on car insurance through this government program.
Mortgage and Housing Assistance
- The list of HUD-approved agencies for homeowner and homebuyer services. Agencies offer services such as
mortgage and foreclosure help, reverse mortgage counseling, bankruptcy counseling, and renters' assistance.
- This website for the
nation's largest source of home loans contains information on
government programs to assist homebuyers.
- Salary and
cost of living calculators, "lifestyle
optimizer" mortgage calculator, everything you apparently need
for moving and buying a house.
What's My Home Worth?
- Home value estimator from GreatHomes.org, the North Bay multiple listing service for real estate.
- Homes for sale and recently sold.
Patents & Trademarks
Patent and Trademark Office
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office maintains this web site
providing some patent searching and information about trademarks and Internet
Patents and Trademarks Data
- Google and the Patent and Trademark Office cooperative project. Download images and text from over 20 years' worth of patent and trademark applications.
European Patent Register
- Search the European Patent Office records.
Delphion Intellectual Property
Search granted US patents at no charge when
you create a free account. Searching for pending and non-US patents requires
a paid account.
Stocks & Investments
Sonoma County Library's Investment Page
- An array of starting points for investment
research and news.
Business Articles Online
Business and general articles and citations
available from these
- Business & Company Resource Center
Company financial information, industry reports, and articles from directories,
analyst reports, and business magazines.
Provides full text for periodicals covering nearly all subjects including
general reference, business, health, and more.
Newspaper articles (Proquest)
Provides selected full text articles from U.S. newspapers.