Stocks & Investments
- Put together by the Department of Finance, Ohio State University, this
group of financial and investment resources is complete and authoritative.
The Motley Fool
- A comprehensive
investment resource for small investors. They say their purpose is to
"inform, educate and amuse" the individual investor.
New York Times: Your Money
- Current articles as well as investment, retirement, and planning guides.
Value Line: Education
- Tutorials and videos on investment concepts and how to use Value Line. Useful if you are planning to use the printed Value Line issues at the Library.
- Yahoo! Finance
- Current and historical quotes and dividend information for stocks back to the early 1960s. Current quotes on bonds, ETFs, options, etc. Also includes market news, personal finance topics, and a feature to set up a personal portfolio.
- Current stock quotes and historical quotes back to the mid-1980s.
The charts created graphically
illustrate industry performance within specific indexes, market overviews
and trends, and the performance of specific stocks over time. Comparison
charts display percentage scales; standard price scales are displayed
when you remove comparisons from the chart.
- means EDGAR (Electronic Data Gathering Analysis and Retrieval), the
SEC (Security and Exchange Commission) data base of required corporate
filings, the source for current SEC electronic corporate filings.
- Stock quotes and business news from CNN and Money Magazine.
NASDAQ Stock Market
- Home page
of the NASDAQ where many small-company stocks are traded. Stock quotes as well as
New York Stock Exchange
- Home page of the NYSE where large "Blue Chip" stocks are traded.
Mutual Fund Education Alliance - Investment
- Great resource to research mutual fund companies, the
SEC cost calculator, investing worksheets and more.
- Articles and
news and quick calculators available for free, more information for paying
members. The Sonoma County Library has a subscription available inside the library only: Morningstar in the Library
profiles, and lists of top performers over time, by sector and by type of
- Free tutorials from the
Vanguard Group, which sells stocks, mutual funds, and investment advice.
- complete contents of current issue, both domestic and international
editions, plus BW Daily Briefing, BW Enterprise for small business, and
SEC Filings & Forms
- Search for corporate filings made to the Securities and Exchange
- The online
version of Forbes Magazine has online enhancements which the print version
Investors Business Daily
- Founded in 1984, Investors Business Daily is now Americas fastest
growing newspaper boasting a daily readership of over 800,000. Designed
to provide both concise and comprehensive coverage of business, financial,
economic, and national news, Investors Business Daily is highly organized
and tightly edited to help you make the most of your time. You must register
to use the site, but there is no fee.
Cash, Treasuries, Bonds
- Glossary of definitions for the fundamentals of fixed-income
- Tools, guides, and articles on fixed-income investing.
U.S. Bureau of the
- You can learn more about U.S. Treasury securities
here and can set up an account to buy and sell short, medium and long-term
T-Bills, notes and bonds, and even good old U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Daily bond
market news and yields. You can also set up an online bond trading
account, with real time prices for over 15,000 offerings.
Bank CD Rate Scanner
rate comparisons from thousands of FDIC-insured banks.
- Magazines, Newspapers & More
- Research articles online. This page will lead you to citations and full-text
from newspapers, magazines and reference works. Includes links to
- To find out what
books and periodicals are owned by the library, get into the catalog. Each branch
library has different investment resources; the catalog will tell you where each
resource is located.
- Addresses and phone numbers of the Sonoma County Library branches. You can
call your local reference desk for information on locating investment
and magazines in the library.