From January 1-31, 2021, Sonoma County Library is participating in the nationwide winter reading challenge. The theme of this year’s challenge is Books Like Us - a celebration of diversity, harnessing the transformative power of seeing oneself reflected in a book. This Winter, we invite our community to explore books and authors spanning an array of diverse backgrounds.
We have set a goal for Sonoma County to read one million minutes during the month of January, and we are asking each participant to read at least 600 minutes during that time. All reading logged between Wednesday, January 1 and Thursday, January 31, will count toward the nationwide challenge. #winterread2021
We encourage online tracking through Beanstack and the Tracker App, and paper logs will be available through Curbside Pickup or to download and print from home. In both types of logging, patrons will be asked to record the number of minutes they have read.
- Help Sonoma County read ONE MILLION MINUTES in January!
- The more you read, the better chance we have to win prizes!
DO YOUR PART:
- Read at least 600 minutes (only 20 minutes a day!)
- Keep reading to help us meet our goal!
How to Participate
It’s easy to enroll and start logging minutes. Follow the easy prompts at sonomalibrary.beanstack.org. Paper logs for keeping track of your reading time are also available, or you can use the Beanstack Tracker app for Android and iOS devices; search for “Beanstack Tracker” in the App Store or Google Play. Reading time must be recorded on the Beanstack site by January 31, 2021, to qualify for the challenge.
How To Play – Online
- Register: Sign up for a Beanstack account and register for the Children’s Winter Reading program.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read 20 minutes, track the time in your online log. Read 60 minutes to automatically receive a progress badge. The more you read, the more badges you will receive!
- Your Progress: When you reach 600 minutes, you’ve done your part and completed the challenge!
- Keep Reading! – you can keep recording reading minutes all month long to help us reach our goal of one million minutes!
How To Play – Paper
- Register: Pick up a reading log via Curbside Pickup at your nearest Sonoma County Library location – or print one out from here.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read 20 minutes, check a box in your log.
- Show Us Your Progress: When you reach 600 minutes, turn your log in to your library, so we can add your reading to our countywide total.
- Keep Reading! – you can start a new paper log to keep recording reading minutes all month long to help us reach our goal of one million minutes!
Reading 600 minutes is easier than you think – it’s just 20 minutes a day for 30 days.