Join the Sonoma County Library’s celebration of Hispanic Latinx Heritage Month, observed annually from September 15-October 15, honoring the histories, cultures, and contributions of Hispanic or Latinx* people.
Everyone is invited to attend special and ongoing free library events and programs. Take a look at our booklists showcasing Latinx voices and experiences, and learn more at your local library. Sonoma County Library values diversity, community, kindness and connection. All events and services at Sonoma County Library are offered to our community free of charge. Make yourself at home in the library.
* Latinx, a gender-neutral term referring to someone living in the United States who was born in or has ancestors from Latin America (Britannica High School, 2022)
For more Storytime and Bilingual Events.
- Fiesta de Independencia At the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
Sunday, September 18, 2022, 1:00-7:00 pm Free admission!
- Harvest Festival at Bayer Farm
Saturday October 1, 2022 10:00 am- 3:00pm Free Admission
Books, Collections, and Resources
History and Geneology Resources
Available in Calisphere: Diseños: maps of Alta California that would accompany Spanish and Mexican land grant petitions.
“Maps, or diseños, that comprise the Land Case Maps collection originally formed part of the private land claims ajudicated by the U.S. District Courts of California (Northern and Southern Districts) and the U.S Circuit Court (9th Circuit) from ca. 1850 to 1860.”
H&G holds naturalization records for Sonoma County dating back to 1841. Copies are free.
Share Your Immigration Story
Immigrants in Sonoma County are invited to submit a written story or tell us verbally about their Immigrant Experience. We are seeking stories from immigrants who have come from EVERYWHERE for a collection to be printed for all participants. The deadline for all story submissions is: September 30, 2022.
For more information visit: sonomalibrary.org/arrivals-departures
English Language Partners
This new program provides one-on-one tutoring for adult speakers of ALL languages, who want to improve their English-language skills. Adults must have 2-3 hours per week to meet with a tutor at their local library (or virtually).
For more information call the Adult Literacy office at (707) 544-2622.
- Latino Service Providers - https://latinoserviceproviders.org/
- Los Cien - https://www.loscien.org/
- La Luz Center Sonoma - https://www.laluzcenter.org/
- Corazón Healdsburg - https://www.corazonhealdsburg.org/
- Mujeres Unidas
- KBBF Radio Bilingüe - https://kbbf.org/
- La Plaza - https://www.laplazancc.org/
- Centro Laboral de Graton/Almas - https://www.gratondaylabor.org/
- North Bay Organizing Project - http://www.northbayop.org/
- Alianza for Equity - https://alianza.sonoma.edu/
- La Prensa - https://www.laprensasonoma.com/
- La Voz - https://www.lavoz.us.com/
- LandPaths - https://www.landpaths.org/
- The Monarch Project - https://www.socoimm.org/