Beginning in July 2019, the Sonoma County Library is reinstating its “Meet the Director” (formerly “Coffee with the Director”) series to give the community a chance to get to know Sonoma County Library Director Ann Hammond, who began her leadership role in March of this year. These monthly meetings provide a safe space for community members of all ages to gather and learn about library news, ask questions and share suggestions. The Meet the Director series will be held at each of the Sonoma County Library branches, giving residents across the county the opportunity to participate.
- Roseland July 2019 Thursday, 7/18 at 10 a.m.
- Sonoma August 2019 Wednesday, 8/7 at 6pm &
Friday, 8/23 at 11 a.m.
- Healdsburg September 2019 Wednesday, 9/11 at 10 a.m.
- Petaluma October 2019 Thursday, 10/31 at 10 a.m.
- Windsor November 2019 Friday, 11/8 at 10:30 a.m.
- Northwest December 2019 Thursday, 12/12 at 10:30 a.m.
- Guerneville January 2020 Thursday, 1/30 at 10:30 a.m.
- Sebastopol February 2020 Wednesday, 2/5 at 5 p.m.
- Central March 2020 Wednesday, 3/11 at 11 a.m.
- Cloverdale April 2020 Thursday, 4/9 at 10 a.m.
- Rohnert Park-Cotati May 2020 Friday, 5/15 at 10 a.m.
- History & Genealogy June 2020 Thursday, 6/18 at 10:30 a.m.
- Rincon Valley July 2020 Saturday, 7/18 at 10:30 a.m.
“Meet the Director encourages open communication between community members and library staff,” Hammond said. “The library belongs to everyone and I want to ensure that patrons are aware of the wide variety of resources we offer across our branches. I’m also eager to answer any questions and hear recommendations that people may have for the library.”
Hammond has experience with similar events in her previous roles as a library executive in California and Kentucky.
Meet the Director events are free and open to all. For more information, call 707-545-0831 x 1553.