This week, and on into May, Sonoma County Library will host events and classes as part of a nationwide effort to promote financial literacy.
Money Smart Week is an initiative to help consumers manage their finances better. The program started in Chicago in 2002. It has expanded beyond just Chicago and more than 900 libraries across the United States participate in Money Smart Week. Money Smart Week helps consumers of all demographics and income levels better manage their personal finances. The Library is partnering with North Bay Credit Union and Redwood Credit Union to provide educational events that cover a variety of money-management topics.
Money Smart programs that the Library will offer include:
Money Smart Art Market
- Petaluma Thursday, April 21 at 3:30 pm (for ages 6-12)
- Rincon Valley Wednesday, April 26 at 11:30 am (for ages 3-6)
Money Smart Kids Workshop
(for ages 6-12, in partnership with North Bay Credit Union)
- Healdsburg Tuesday, April 25 at 4:00 pm
- Rohnert Park Thursday, April 27 at 4:00 pm
Personal finance: How to manage personal credit, debt and budgeting for financial health
(in partnership with Redwood Credit Union)
- Rincon Valley Wednesday, May 17 at 6:30 pm
- Central Santa Rosa Wednesday, May 31 at 5:30 pm