National Public Radio (NPR) book critic and author Maureen Corrigan—who spoke at the Rohnert Park-Cotati Library on July 20 as part of Sonoma County Library’s Distinguished Speaker Series—has shared a list of her recent top book picks, all available with a Sonoma County Library card.
The books are as follows:
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- Ask Again, Yes by Mary Beth Keane
- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- Last Night at the Lobster by Stewart O’Nan
- Impatient with Desire by Gabrielle Burton
- Lady in the Lake by Laura Lippman
- Spying on the South by Tony Horwitz
- Conviction by Denise Mina
- The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
Corrigan is America’s most trusted and beloved book critic. For more than 20 years, she has been the book critic for NPR’s Fresh Air. She is also a columnist for The Washington Post and The Nicky and Jamie Grant Distinguished Professor of the Practice in Literary Criticism at Georgetown University where her courses are very popular.
The Distinguished Speaker Series is one of many events and activities offered by the library through the 2019 Adult Summer Reading Program. The Distinguished Speaker Series is funded by Measure Y sales tax, the community’s investment in free public libraries.