Adults have plenty of ideas about what Teen books are *fabulous*. Ask any Young Adult Librarian. They will most likely enthusiastically share reviews and recommendations of every fantastic YA title that they have read so far this year--and last year... and the list could go ON AND ON!
BUT, have you ever been curious about which books rock the worlds of high school students across the nation? Now is your chance to get a glimpse of the hottest YA Fiction--from the TEEN PERSPECTIVE. Listed below are titles nominated by teens from across the country who chose their favorite Young Adult titles of the previous year. Interesting right?! Not only that, you can also let the world know what your favorite YA books are by casting your vote online (link below). Have you read all of the books that have been nominated to win bragging rights as potential TEENS' TOP TEN?
Check them out and/or download them from the Sonoma County Library (links below).
- The Black Witch by Laurie Forest.
- Book of Lies by Teri Terry.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber.
- Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray.
- The Disappearances by Emily Bain Murphy.
- How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake.
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez.
- The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
- Invictus by Ryan Graudin.
- The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell.
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds.
- Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller.
- Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu.
- Once and For All by Sarah Dessen.
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus.
- Paper Hearts by Ali Novak.
- Remember Me Always by Renee Collins.
- Rosemarked by Livia Blackburne.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor.
- Turtles All the Way Down by John Green.
- Warcross by Marie Lu. G. P.
- Waste of Space by Gina Damico.
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo.
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley.
- All Rights Reserved by Gregory Scott Katsoulis.
Find a friendly YA Librarian at your favorite branch of the Sonoma County Library--we are here for you!
Created by Rosalie Abbott, MLIS, Sebastopol Regional Library