Career Online High School
Wanting to broaden your horizons by finishing high school and receiving job training? The Sonoma County Library now offers adults the opportunity to earn accredited high school diplomas and career certificates through Career Online High School.
Achieve your dream of a better job and life by applying today. There are a limited number of scholarships to qualified adults who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry, or continue their education.
- Be 19 or older
- Live in Sonoma County
- Have a Sonoma County Library card in good standing
- Be willing to spend 8 to 10 hours a week on coursework
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Be comfortable using technology
- Have completed at least the 8th grade
- Requires completion of 18 credits total (see Graduation Requirements).
- You may transfer previous credits from accredited high school courses, shortening the completion time from 18 months to as little as 5 months for some students.
- Earn both your high school diploma and a career certificate in one of eight high-growth fields.
- Courses are taught in an online learning environment available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have questions about computer and Internet access to complete coursework, please review our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com.
- Students are paired with an academic coach who provides the student with ongoing guidance and the resources needed to master the courses. The coaches are available via phone or email.
STEP 2: The Sonoma County Library will contact all eligible applicants (within one week) to enroll in a prerequisite career course. Check your email for instructions.
After you enroll, you must complete the prerequisite course within 2 weeks.
STEP 3: Once you successfully complete the prerequisite course, we will contact you to schedule an interview at the library. Interviews and scholarships will be offered on a first-come, first-qualified basis. Enrollment is limited and we expect a high demand. You may be placed on a wait list until additional scholarships become available.
How IT WORKS
- Step 1) Learn About the Program
- Step 2) Complete the Online Self-Assessment
- Step 3) Enroll In and Complete a Prerequisite Course
- Step 4) Scholarship Award Process
- Step 5) Completing Coursework and Graduating from Career Online High School
Full scholarships are available. You can start the qualifying process by completing the Self-Assessment and Prerequisite course. Qualified students will be notified when scholarships are awarded.
Career Online High School is made possible with the support of the California State Library.