Career Online High School
Do you want to broaden your horizons by finishing high school and receiving job training? The Sonoma County Library offers adults the opportunity to earn accredited high school diplomas and career certificates through Career Online High School.
Achieve your dream of a better job and more choices in life by getting started today. There are a limited number of scholarships available to qualified adults who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry, or continue their education.
- Age 19 or older
- Live in Sonoma County
- Have a Sonoma County Library card in good standing
- Willing to spend 8 to 10 hours a week on coursework
- Comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Comfortable using technology
- Have completed at least the 8th grade
- Requires completion of 18 credits total.
- You may transfer previous credits from accredited high school courses, shortening the completion time from 18 months to as little as 5 months for some students.
- Earn both your high school diploma and a career certificate in one of eight high-growth fields.
- Courses are taught in an online learning environment available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you have questions about computer and Internet access to complete coursework, email us at email@example.com.
- Students are paired with a professional Academic Coach who provides ongoing guidance and resources needed to master the courses. The Coaches are available via phone or email.
STEP 1: Get started today by visiting https://ca.careeronlinehs.org/, click Get Started and then complete the Readiness Survey.
STEP 2: The Sonoma County Library will contact all eligible applicants (within one week) to enroll in a prerequisite career course. Check your email for instructions.
After you enroll, you must complete the prerequisite course within 2 weeks.
STEP 3: Once you successfully complete the prerequisite course, we will contact you to schedule an interview at the library. Interviews and scholarships will be offered on a first-come, first-qualified basis. Enrollment is limited. You may be placed on a wait list until additional scholarships become available.
STEP 4: Meet your Academic Coach, complete your coursework, and earn your high school diploma.
Career Online High School is made possible with the support of the California State Library.