Children's Winter Reading Challenge
From January 15 to February 28, Sonoma County Library will participate in the Beanstack Winter Reading Challenge. We challenge children 0-12 to read at least 600 minutes and track those minutes in Beanstack. Children who meet the goal of reading 600 minutes will earn a free book!
It’s easy to enroll and start logging minutes. Enroll yourself by following the easy prompts at sonomalibrary.beanstack.org, or visit your branch library and our staff will get you started. Paper logs for keeping track of your reading time are also available, or you can use the Beanstack Tracker app for Android and iOS devices; search for “Beanstack Tracker” in the App Store or Google Play. Reading time must be recorded on the Beanstack site by February 28, 2019, to qualify for the challenge.
How to Play – Online
- Register: Sign up for a Beanstack account and register for the Children’s Winter Reading program.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read 20 minutes, track the time in your online log. Read 60 minutes to automatically receive a progress badge. The more you read, the more badges you will receive!
- Your Progress: When you reach 600 minutes, you’ve earned a FREE BOOK! Check in at your local library branch to pick up your prize.
- Keep Reading!
How to Play – Paper
- Register: Pick up a reading log at your nearest Sonoma County Library location.
- Track Your Reading: Each time you read 20 minutes, check a box in your log. When you check three boxes, color the badge.
- Show us Your Progress: When you reach 600 minutes and color all ten badges, bring your log in to your library and receive a FREE BOOK!
- Keep Reading!
Reading 600 minutes is easier than you think! 20 minutes a day for 30 days = 600 minutes.
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about the Challenge.