Gardening at the Library
Sonoma County Library supports home and commercial gardeners through a combination of events, programming, and collections which support modern gardening practices.
Master Gardener Workshops
Sonoma County Library has cultivated an ongoing partnership with the Sonoma County Master Gardener (SCMG) program to offer workshops to home gardeners in Sonoma County. Workshops are led by Master Gardeners, who are volunteers trained and certified by the University of California Cooperative Extension program, and whose mission is to provide unbiased, high quality, science-based information. Workshop topics range from soil and plant nutrition to irrigation, and from home composting to pesticide use alternatives.
The Library has rich collections of books and materials on all kinds of gardening topics. Click below for resources you can check out from the Library on how to get your garden growing.
The list below is a small selection of titles available through the Library's e-book collections (Enki and Overdrive), which you can access with your library card.
- All New Square Foot Gardening - Mel Bartholomew
- Bee-Kind Garden - David Squire
- Composting for Dummies - Cathy Cromell
- Greenhouse Gardening Made Easy - Sands Publishing
- Saving Vegetable Seeds - Fern Marshall Bradley
- Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening in the Pacific Northwest - Lorene Edwards Forkner
- The Year-Round Vegetable Gardener - Joseph De Sciose
Search Library Catalog: Keywords and Subject Headings
Find more books about gardening with these Library catalog searches for:
- container gardening
- herb gardening
- vegetable gardening
- organic gardening
- ornamental plants
All Garden Talks events.