Queer Book Club
Join librarians virtually to discuss books centering on LGBTQ+ voices.
Join librarians virtually to discuss books centering on LGBTQ+ voices. Meets the second Wednesday of the month (January-December 2022) from 6-7 pm.
Meetings are on the second Wednesday of the month (January-December) from 6-7 pm.
New members are always welcome!
To register, call your local library or register for each event through the links below.
2022 Discussion Titles
- January 12 — Gender Queer: A Memoir by Maia Kobabe *+ Register
- February 9 — Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde *+ Register
- March 9 — The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller *+ Register
- April 13 — Nepantla by Various Authors *+ Register
- May 11 — On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong + Register
- June 8 — One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston + Register
- July 13 — James Baldwin Reading from Giovanni's Room by James Baldwin + Register
- August 10 — Ace by Angela Chen + Register
- September 14 — In the Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado *+ Register
- October 12 — Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas *+ Register
- November 9 — Love after the End by Joshua Whitehead *+ Register
- December 14 — The Color Purple by Alice Walker *+ Register
* E-Books or e-audiobooks are available through Hoopla
+ E-Books or e-audiobooks are available through Overdrive.
Print copies are available while supplies last. Call or text 707-978-1631 to have a copy sent to your local library for pickup. Leave your name, phone number, and requested library location in the message. Print books available upon request until 1 week before the program.
* Hoopla: https://sonomalibrary.org/library-collection/hoopla-digital-0
Books available through Hoopla are always available for unlimited checkout.
+ Overdrive: https://sonomalibrary.org/library-collection/overdrive
Please note that books offered by Overdrive may become available for unlimited access with no wait for two weeks before the discussion.