Read BIPOC Book Club
Join librarians virtually to discuss books by authors who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color.
Meets the last Tuesday of the month (Feb through Nov) at 6PM.
New members are always welcome!
To register, call your local library or register for each event through the links below.
- February 23 - An American Marriage by Tayari Jones † - Register
- March 30 - Exit West by Mohsin Hamid * - Register
- April 27 - Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates * - Register
- May 25 - A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum † - Register
- June 29 - With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo † - Register
- July 27 - Go Tell it on the Mountain by James Baldwin * - Register
- August 31 - Narrative of the life of Frederick Douglass by Frederick Douglass * - Register
- September 28 - House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros * - Register
- October 26 - Native Son by Richard Wright † - Register
- November 30 - The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba *† - Register
* E-Books or e-audiobooks are available through Overdrive.
† E-Books or e-audiobooks are available through Hoopla
Physical copies available (while supplies last) at Northwest Santa Rosa Library. Call 707-546-2265 to have a copy held for you, either at Northwest or sent to your local library for pickup.
* Overdrive:: https://sonomalibrary.org/library-collection/overdrive:
Books available through Overdrive will be offered for unlimited checkout (with no wait time) the month of the book club event, from the first of the month through the date of the book discussion. Overdrive checkouts outside of the monthly window will follow regular checkout limits.
† Hoopla: https://sonomalibrary.org/library-collection/hoopla-digital-0:
Books available through Hoopla are always available for unlimited checkout.