Read BIPOC Book Club
Join librarians virtually to discuss books by authors who are Black, Indigenous or People of Color.
Meets the last Tuesday of the month (January through November) at 6PM.
New members are always welcome!
To register, call your local library or register for each event through the links below.
2022 Discussion Titles
- January 25 - The Hate U Give, by Angie Thomas * † Register
- February 22 - There There, by Tommy Orange † Register
- March 29 - Crying in H-Mart, by Michelle Zauner † Register
- April 26 - Homeland Elegies, by Ayad Akhtat † Register
- May 31 - Interior Chinatown, by Charles Yu † Register
- June 28 - Beloved, by Toni Morrison †Register
- July 26 - Heaven, My Home, by Attica Locke † Register
- August 30 - The Legend of Auntie Po, by Shing Yin Khor † Register
- September 27 - Infinite Country, by Patricia Engel * † Register
- October 25 - How Long 'til Black Future Month?, by N.K. Jemisin † Register
- November 29 - Girl, Woman, Other, by Bernadine Evaristo * † Register
* E-Books or e-audiobooks are available through Hoopla.
† E-Books or e-audiobooks are available through Overdrive.
Print copies are available while supplies last. Call or text 707-978-1631 to have a copy sent to your local library for pickup. Leave your name, phone number, and requested library location in the message. Print books available upon request until 1 week before the program.
* Hoopla:: https://sonomalibrary.org/library-collection/hoopla-digital-0:
Books available through Hoopla are always available for unlimited checkout.
† Overdrive: https://sonomalibrary.org/library-collection/overdrive:
Some titles available through Overdrive will be offered for unlimited checkout (with no wait time) two weeks before the date of the book discussion.