What is ProQuest Newspapers?
ProQuest Newspapers is a database that houses full text access to news articles from the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Press Democrat, and many other regional and national newspapers.
US Newsstream enables users to search the most recent premium U.S. news content, as well as archives that stretch back into the 1980s featuring newspapers, newswires, blogs, and news sites in active full-text format. For academic and public libraries, US Newsstream offers exclusive access to the Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and co-exclusive access (with Factiva) to The Wall Street Journal. US Newsstream also offers one of the largest collections of local and regional newspapers, and is cross-searchable on the ProQuest platform.
How do I get Started?
Have your library card ready (Don't have one? No problem! Check out our eCard registration page)
Click on the "Go" button above
Sign in with your library card if asked
Search and explore!
Covers contemporary news 1980 to present
Includes coverage from:
- CBS News 60 MINUTES information
- US Hispanic Newsstream information
- US Major Dailies information
- US Midwest Newsstream information
- US North Central Newsstream information
- US Northeast Newsstream information
- US South Central Newsstream information
- US Southeast Newsstream information
- US West Newsstream information
Available for use on
Any computer, tablet or phone with internet and browser capabilities. There is currently no app for this product.