Summer Weekly Challenge
Each week we'll release a challenge: an opportunity to showcase your creativity at home. We'll post the challenge here on this page, as well as on Facebook and Instagram.
Then all you interested participants will create your own response (artwork, video, etc.) to the challenge.
We'll be gathering these creative contributions and sharing them with the world in a weekly video.
- Week One Challenge: (June 22-26)
Your Favorite Reading Spot
Week One Compilation Video
Draw, design, film, or create a representation of your favorite place to curl up and read.
- Week Two Challenge: (June 29-July 3)
Recreate Your Favorite Book Cover
Week Two Compilation Video
Using materials found at home, bring your favorite book cover to life.
- Week Three Challenge: (July 6-10) Make a Poster for a Cause
Week Three Compilation Video
Create and share a poster that supports a cause you feel strongly about.
- Week Four Challenge: (July 13-July 17) Your Favorite Poem
Week Four Compilation Video
Film yourself reciting a poem - your favorite, or one of your own (2 minute limit).
- Week Five Challenge: (July 20-July 24) Your Favorite Book Character
Week Five Compilation Video
Dress up or cosplay as your favorite book or fandom character.
- Week Six Challenge: (July 27-July 31) Summer Collage
Week Six Compilation Video
Make a collage picture of something you see or do in the summer.
- Week Seven Challenge: (Aug 3-Aug 7) Book Selfie
Share a picture of you with your favorite book you read this summer.
Now through Saturday, August 8.
- Every Monday at 12 pm noon: Weekly challenge posted.
- Every Thursday at midnight: Weekly submissions are due.
- Every Saturday at 12 pm noon: Weekly highlight video of challenge submission.
- Visit this page or our Facebook or Instagram accounts each Monday at 12 pm (or later).
- Draw, design, create, or film your response to the weekly challenge.
- Submit your entry by Thursday at midnight by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "SCL Weekly Summer Challenge" - please include your name and your home library branch.
- You can also post your vid to Facebook or Instagram and include both @sonomalibrary and #summerweeklychallenge
- Check back here or on our Facebook or Instagram page on Saturday at noon to see what this creative community has cooked up!
Please submit just one entry per week, but feel free to submit a new entry for as many weeks as you would like.
By submitting a Challenge Entry, each entrant hereby grants to the Library permission to use and display the entry content and/or photo on Library social media pages and websites.
Submissions that do not meet our library Standards of Behavior Policy will not be included in weekly compilations.