Regional Parks Discovery Pack
In partnership with Sonoma County Regional Parks, the Sonoma County Library is offering Regional Parks Discovery Packs!
A “Regional Parks Discovery Pack” is available at each library branch and includes a backpack filled with a parking pass good at all 56 Regional Parks, a parks map, trail itineraries, hiking tips, wildlife guides, and other information to help them enjoy self-guided adventures in the parks.
The Discovery Pack program was developed to promote community health and well-being by increasing opportunities for residents to visit and learn about their parks. Each pack is available for check out for three weeks and includes materials in English and Spanish. Discovery Pack backpacks are available for checkout at all Library branches.
Each Discovery Pack includes materials that need to be returned and some items that can be kept.
The following items are to be returned:
- REI backpack
- Adventure book
- Regional Parks Annual Vehicle Entry Pass
- Trails Challenge Guide in English
- Trails Challenge Guide in Spanish
- Trail Games (3 page on binder ring)
- Seasonal Interpretative Pages: Guide to Spotting Poison Oak, Local Oak Trees, Guide to Animal Tracks, Wildflower Sheet, and Types of Clouds
- Hiking Hints
- Vehicle Entry Pass Application
- Bug Box
The following items can be kept:
- Seasonal Activity Guide in English,
- Seasonal Activity Guide in Spanish,
- Park Map in English,
- Park Map in Spanish,
- Parks Membership Brochure.
To check out a Regional Parks Discovery Pack, visit your local library branch today!