About Britannica Academic
Britannica® Academic delivers fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The rich combination of Encyclopædia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines and periodicals, and many other research tools provides the variety of reliable sources that students need to consult when conducting thorough research.
Written by Nobel laureates, historians, curators, professors, and other notable experts, Britannica Academic’s articles provide trusted information with global perspectives and insights.
- Have your library card ready (Don't have one? No problem! Get a Library Card)
- Click on the GO button above
- Log in with your library card and PIN if asked
- More than 100,000 articles, with contributions from Nobel laureates, heads of state, Pulitzer Prize winners, leading professors, and experts.
- A unique “Article History” feature, which allows users to see updates and editorial changes in articles.
- Browse by biography, subject, and contributor; explore eBooks and primary sources; thousands of periodicals.
- Integration with Britannica ImageQuest offers a streamlined ability to explore millions of related images from the search results page.
- News feeds from the New York Times and the BBC; editor-selected websites; an interactive world atlas; the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary; and famous quotations.
- Updated versions of the World Data Analyst and articles from the Britannica Book of the Year—as well as thousands of photographs, videos, tables, graphs, and illustrations.
Available for Use On
- Desktop computers
- Mobile devices
- There is no app for this resource