Friends of the Santa Rosa Libraries
The Friends of the Santa Rosa Libraries help support Santa Rosa’s libraries—Central, History & Genealogy, Northwest, Rincon Valley, and Roseland. We are an all-volunteer, nonprofit organization dedicated to raising funds for traditional library materials, as well as magazine subscriptions, computer equipment, bookshelves, carpeting, furniture, and other needs that help the Santa Rosa libraries serve our community. We also support activities such as the Summer Reading Program, book groups, and the Adult Literacy Program. The primary source of our revenue is the sale of donated books, recordings, and related materials. We hold several events each year as noted below.
Please NO DONATIONS October 4-10.
We will welcome donations beginning October 11.
Join the Friends
Interested in joining the Friends? Please complete and mail
the membership form.
Contact the Friends
Questions? Concerns? Comments?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - phone: 707-308-3020, ext. 1541
Year Round Book Sales
The Friends coordinate periodic book sales at our regional libraries and an annual sale in October at the Veterans Memorial Auditorium. All are announced on the Sonoma County Library Calendar of Events.
The Friends have books for sale throughout the year on book carts available inside the Central, Rincon Valley, and Northwest branch libraries during library hours.
Fall Book Sale
Veterans Memorial Building
1351 Maple Avenue
Admission Free/Credit Cards Accepted
Friday, October 6
Members Only Preview
Open to the Public
Saturday, October 7
Sunday, October 8
Monday, October 9
Book and Media Donations
We gratefully accept donations of gently used books, CDs, DVDs, and other saleable media ranging from sheet music to jigsaw puzzles. We especially appreciate scholarly, fine press, fine art, and recently released titles.
Please note: We can no longer accept the following:
- Torn, soiled, stained, musty, smoky, or otherwise damaged items
- Excessively annotated, underlined, or highlighted items
- Library discards
- Out-of-date materials such as most textbooks, encyclopedias, computer guides, legal and medical books
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Vinyl records, VHS tapes, cassettes, home-made recordings, and dubbings of any kind
Donations may be dropped off in the designated area near the service entrance at the back of the downtown Central Library, 211 E Street (between 3rd and 4th Streets). If you are driving, please follow the steps below:
- Enter the parking lot behind the library from 3rd Street (west of the library).
- Pull up to the corridor at the middle of the loading dock.
- Donations accepted Monday through Friday, 10 am-4 pm, except holidays. Tax receipts are available inside.
- Please contact us in advance if you have more than 5 boxes, or if you need help with your donation.
- Messages may be left by phone or email: 707-308-3020, ext. 1541, email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions about the suitability of your donations. We are always looking for saleable materials, and there are some exceptions to our general guidelines. Please be mindful that many non-saleable books and other materials may be recycled in your blue bin, including paperback books and most magazines. Regrettably, most hardcover books are not recyclable, unless their covers are removed. Contact your local refuse company for more information (in Santa Rosa: Recology Sonoma Marin at 800-243-0291).