Summary of Library Employment Benefits
Vacation, sick leave, and holiday accruals are pro-rated for part-time employees. Certain insurance benefits are available only to full-time employees.
If you are selected for an interview, we will be happy to answer benefits questions you may have about the position for which you applied.
- Vacation: Earns at the rate of 1 ¼ days per month, 3 weeks after the first year.
- Sick leave: Twelve days per year, with unlimited accumulation.
- Holidays: A combination of holidays and compensatory days equal to thirteen days per year.
- Retirement: Membership in the statewide Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). See CalPERS chart for retirement formulas.
- Health insurance: Group health insurance paid at 80% to 84% depending on position. Dental and vision care insurance fully paid.
- Life insurance: Paid term life insurance policy.
- Miscellaneous: Two deferred compensation plans available, long-term disability insurance, and short-term disability (SDI) insurance through the EDD.