Alexander Street Performing Arts Collection
About Alexander Street Performing Arts Collection
A collection of music, dance, and theater content spanning hundreds of genres and a wide range of subject types. Enjoy instructional videos, performances, and more from leading providers such as the National Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, Qwest TV, Smithsonian, L.A. Theatre Works, and Broadway On-Demand.
Access provided courtesy of the California State Library.
- Have your library card ready (Don't have one? No problem! Get a Library Card)
- Click on the GO button above
- Log in with your library card and PIN if asked
- Music Online: The Quest TV Collection offers materials for music history and cultural studies through the preservation of diverse live performances, spanning the evolution of jazz and beyond.
- Dance Online: Dance in Video is an extensive collection of performances, instructional materials, documentaries, and interviews.
- The Broadway On Demand Collection takes viewers from behind the stage to the bright lights of Broadway through masterful plays, musicals, dance performances, documentaries, instructional videos, and more.
- National Theatre Collection provides contemporary video productions and modern reinterpretations of classics.
- The Royal Shakespeare Company Collection offers high-definition recordings of The Bard's dramatic canon, along with supplementary teaching materials.
- Theatre in Video provides access to hundreds of the world's most important plays, documentaries, and instructional materials.
- Classical Music in Video is an extensive collection of influential performances and documentaries spanning eras from canonical masters to modern composers.
Available for Use On
- Desktop computers
- Mobile devices
- There is no app for this resource