With the Student OneCard, Sonoma County Library is working to provide barrier-free access to library resources to every student in Sonoma County to benefit the community by increasing literacy and educational success. Through partnerships formed with the school districts in Sonoma County, the Sonoma County Library is able to provide students access to public library resources using their student ID number.
The Library launched this initiative in March 2018 in partnership with the Santa Rosa City Schools district; in August 2020, we are up to 16 districts, comprising nearly 50,000 students. Our goal is to continue working with Sonoma County's education leaders to extend the Student OneCard partnership county-wide.
Sonoma County Library -- your partner in education!
What is the Student OneCard Program?
Through the Student OneCard initiative:
- All students in participating school districts will be able to use their Student ID numbers as a Sonoma County Library account;
- Students have access to Sonoma County Library resources with the exception of Discover & Go, and LindedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com);
- Students are automatically enrolled in the program unless a parent chooses to opt-out of this service.
The Student One Card Program allows students to…
- Access electronic resources -- including audiobooks, eBooks, magazines, and more -- 24/7 via the SCL website.
- Receive FREE online one-on-one homework tutoring in English and Spanish in all major subjects.
- Use public library computers at any of the 14 public library locations.
- Borrow up to 10 items from any Sonoma County Library location.
- Request books from partner libraries, including academic collections.
- ... and it's all FREE!!!
How to Use the Student OneCard on the Sonoma County Library Website
- Go to https://sonomalibrary.org.
- When prompted for your library card number, use the prefix assigned to your school district in front of your student ID number (eg., srcs123456).
- If asked for a PIN, use the four numbers of your year of birth.
- Ask your teacher if you do not know your ID number.
If you do not want your child to participate
If you do not want your child to have access to library resources, you may opt out. Click one of the links below for an opt-out form, which you can print out, sign, and return to your school. Be aware that students who opt out of the Student OneCard will not be able to participate in classroom use of library resources unless they have a Sonoma County Library general card and know the full card number and PIN.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What student information will the School District share with the Sonoma County Library (SCL)?
A: 1) Student's Name, 2) School name 3) Student ID number, 5) school site address and phone number, 6) Student’s Date of birth.
Sonoma County Library has signed an agreement not to share student information with other entities.
Q: What items may NOT be checked out or used with a Student OneCard?
A: Student OneCard accounts may not check out video games, Chrome Kits, Hotspots, or access online Discover & Go, or Lynda.com.
Q: What if I don’t want my child to participate in the Student OneCard Program?
- Alexander Valley School (AVS) AVS Login Bookmark AVS Flier
- Bellevue Union School District (BUSD) BUSD Login Bookmark BUSD Flier
- Bennett Valley Union School District (BVUSD) BVUSD Login Bookmark BVUSD Flier
- Healdsburg Unified School District (HUSD) HUSD Login Bookmark HUSD Flier
- Oak Grove Union School District (OGUSD) OGUSD Login Bookmark OGUSD Flier
- Old Adobe Union School District (OAUSD) OAUSD Login Bookmark OAUSD Flier
- Petaluma City Schools (PCS) PCS Login Bookmark PCS Flier
- Piner-Olivet Union School District (POUSD) POUSD Login Bookmark POUSD Flier
- Rincon Valley Union School District (RVUSD) RVUSD Login Bookmark RVUSD Flier
- Roseland School District (RSD) RSD Login Bookmark RSD Flier
- Santa Rosa City Schools (SRCS) SRCS Login Bookmark SRCS Flier
- Sebastopol Union School District (SUSD) SUSD Login Bookmark SUSD Flier
- Sonoma Valley Unified School District (SVUSD) SVUSD Login Bookmark SVUSD Flier
- Twin Hills Union School District (THUSD) THUSD Login Bookmark THUSD Flier
- West Side Union School District (WSUSD) WSUSD Login Bookmark WSUSD Flier
- West Sonoma County Union High School District (WEST) WEST Login Bookmark WEST Flier
- Windsor Unified School District (WUSD) WUSD Login Bookmark WUSD Flier
- Wright Elementary School District (WESD) WESD Login Bookmark WESD Flier
Q: What if I want my child to have full access to Sonoma County Library services and materials?
A: Borrowing limits for Student OneCard accounts are set at 10 items. The Student OneCard does provide access to online resources with the exception of Discover & Go, and Lynda.com.
Q: What if my child already has a Sonoma County Library card?
A: That's great! We encourage students to have a regular library card in addition to the Student OneCard account. The intent of the Student OneCard is to increase access to resources to help your child succeed in school, and to remove barriers to use of the library. Whether using a Student OneCard account or a general Sonoma County Library card, your child will be able to use SCL resources from home and school via the internet.