Did you know you can get a library card right now without waiting! Get your Library Card.
Your library is the place to go to find books and journal articles, use electronic resources, consult with librarians, conduct research, write papers, and study. Libraries are incredible resources that can help you complete your coursework with ease and with greater success.
- Research Databases. A library’s electronic database system is a valuable research tool. Electronic databases provide you with a near-endless supply of high-quality articles, journal publications, and scholarly texts that span a wide variety of subjects. Our online databases are available 24 hours a day just by logging on to a computer from your home, dorm, or anywhere you can get an Internet connection. Learn more.
- Computers, Internet connections and study space. You might already have these, but sometimes you need backup. Don’t forget that public libraries offer free access to computers, and all locations offer free wi-fi and quiet places to study.
- Expert help. Librarians are physically present for a reason. In many situations, it’s helpful to speak with an actual person about a research question or problem. Librarians can help you locate all types of library materials, offer research advice, and let you know about special events or activities.
- History and genealogy resources like no other. Explore the past with the library's genealogy resources, plus free access to ancestry.com’s library edition. The History and Genealogy Library, a department in the Annex of the Central Library, houses historical and current information on Sonoma County and northern California. You can also view the Library's online collections —which include some really fascinating early photos and maps of Sonoma County—athttps://digital.sonomalibrary.org/
- Loads of free entertainment. We know you need a break from studying sometimes, and, as a student, you very likely need to keep your entertainment budget in check. With a library card, you can access our extensive digital library, which includes movies, music, e-books and audiobooks. Many of these items can be used on mobile devices and e-readers, and some can be downloaded for use offline.