The Friends of the Healdsburg Library supports the Library through book donations, proceeds from book sales, and membership dues. Over the past 5 years, the Friends has given over $100,000 in grants to the Library.
The FoHL Board of Directors coordinates the Friends' activities, including all book sales, organization and handling of book donations, and membership outreach. Our goal is to sell donated books to raise money to support the Healdsburg Branch of the Sonoma County Library. With your assistance we purchased the BiblioBike, renovated and maintain the Library Demeter Frog Fountain and all sorts of other enrichments. Thank you for your support!
The Friends' Board meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. via Zoom. To attend the meeting, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The FOHL Annual Meeting will take place on Tuesday, May 2, 2023 at 5 p.m. in the Healdsburg Library Meeting Room.
- Hybrid Meeting — Feel free to attend in person or virtually
- For more information and a link to the virtual meeting, visit the Events Calendar
FoHL Lobby Bookshelves: fabulous categories — including Earl’s Picks — with new offerings all the time. Come browse and purchase; open whenever the Library is open.
In the Lobby; what a deal!
Book / CD / DVD Donations
WE ARE OPEN FOR BOOK / CD / DVD DONATIONS!
We need and very much appreciate our donors! And, thank you for wisely choosing which books, CDs, DVDs to donate. Your donations directly support our library programs.
Guidelines for donations:
- Due to storage constraints, we can accept no more than 5 bags or boxes of donations at one time.
- You may bring donations to the Library whenever it is open except Sunday. We are currently collecting your donations on a cart near the delivery driveway. You can check with the front desk for the best place to bring your items.
- Please do not leave your donations outside the library when closed.
Please refer to the lists of items we can and cannot accept below.
- We can accept:
- Books (paperback and hardcover), CDs, and DVDs that are in good to like-new condition.
- We have an overwhelming amount of fiction in storage, so we ask that fiction have a publication date within the last ten years—except for Classic Fiction, of course.
- We are not currently selling magazines at our book/CD/DVD sales. We do sell magazines in our lobby kiosk year-round but we are not currently in need of donations.
- Health/Diet books and Business/Computer books must be no more than three years old.
- Recently released titles of all categories, scholarly, and fine arts titles are especially appreciated.
- We cannot accept:
- Items that are damaged, soiled, stained, torn, musty, or smoky.
- Books that are excessively underlined or highlighted. Inscription on the title page is OK.
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries, spiral bound books or textbooks that are older than 5 years.
- Reader's Digest Condensed Versions, Time/Life, Great Books
- VHS, cassettes, 8-track tapes, any non-commercially prepared CDs/DVDs
- President: Tracy Logan
- Vice-President: Theresa Cabral
- Secretary: Lyn Murray
- Treasurer: Julie Hanamura
- Book Sale Co-Lead: Theresa Cabral, Ellen Tyler
- Website Coordinator and Social Media: Tracy Logan
- Online Sales: Merl Griesert
- Inventory Control and Logistics Lead: Earl Gwynne
- Membership: Donna Rothkopf
- Book Donations: Lyn Murray
- Sorting: Theresa Cabral, Earl Gwynne, Katherine Lacy, Lyn Murray, Ellen Tyler
- Board Members At Large: Ginni Lomax, Charlene Luks (President Emeritus), Shaun McCaffrey, Linda Selover, Mary Ann Gervais
Join the Friends
Membership form (Click to go to the form)
Contact the Friends
Mailing address: PO Box 1514, Healdsburg, CA 95448